Hey guys! It's been a while. ;)(I'm alive, huzzah!)
Hope you're all enjoying your summer.
Thus far, my summer has been great. Though it wasn't in the summer, earlier this year I went to a "Make Your Move" concert, featuring Third Day ("Make Your Move" is one of Third Day's songs, from their new AMAZING album "Move".), Tenth Avenue North, and Trevor Morgan. Prior to the concert, I was PUMPED. Tenth Avenue North is my favorite, and I couldn't wait to see them (And TM and 3D) live. And at the concert, I was TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY. Like, seriously. But one part of the concert (other then Mac waving at me, the awesomeness, etc.) really stuck with me. The theme of the entire tour. "Make Your Move". During Third Day's performance, Mac Powell was talking about what the theme means to him/the whole band, and I thought to myself: "What am I doing to Make My Move?"
I know, I talk about this kind of stuff alot. But I mean, it's a REALLLYYY important subject! Making Your Move is the REASON we (should) live!
One (actually two, but anyway.) of my very favorite verses, John 15:16-17, says:
"You didn't choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, usuing my name. This is my command: Love each other."
Pretty powerful stuff, right there. I was actually just flipping through the New Testament a while back, and stopped in the book of John. I was just looking at some of the verses, and these verses totally stuck for me. Those words: "You didn't choose me. I chose you." COMPLETELY put a new perspective on what I was doing at the time. God chose ME to be His servant. God also chose YOU to be His servant. And in verse 17, the answer to SO many problems in this messed up world, is sitting right in front of you. "Love each other.". 3 of the simplest, most powerful words one could use. Though "love" is a word that SO many of us use, so frequently, it kills me how lost this world is when it comes to love. This world is CRYING out for love. (I know it sounds dramatic, but it's true, people.) It's amazing to me how easy it is to love ourselves, but how hard it is to love others. As sinful people, we really can't love others without Jesus in our lives. I mean, we can say we love someone, but (in my opinion) you can't even know what love IS untli you know Jesus. Jesus is love. This is why Jesus tells us to LOVE. So we may grow closer to Him, and be more like Him.
So, love each other.
Jesus loved you, so He made His move.
As Third Day would would say, "Make Your Move".
-Allie.
No comments:
Post a Comment