Wednesday, November 23, 2011

This is what I believe.

Hey y'all!
Okay, so this isn't a really uplifting note to start on with this blog, but I'm cutting right to the chase.

A few days ago, I found out someone I know, of whom was a Christian, is now an athiest.

I was heartbroken, sad, mad, upset, confused, and about 8,000 other things that I won't go into.

I don't want to go into many personal details about this person, but I know her family will be greatly upset. I mean.. if you lived in an all Christian home, and one of your children decided God wasn't true anymore, what would you think?

But do you know what the sadest part about this situation in my opinion, is? She is happy. Yes, you heard me. She is happy without God.

This was the part the struck me the hardest: How can you be HAPPY WITHOUT GOD?!?!?!??! Honestly, I cannot answer this question. Other than, you would be putting your own earthly wants, than what path God has planned for you. Going down your own route. Ditching God, and saying: "Hey! The earth seems pretty cool without You - see ya!"

Sounds pretty stupid, huh? I agree.

Now, I don't want you to think I'm dissing this person, because I'm not. She knew (and said) she was going to get A LOT of different opinions on her decision, so I'm just voicing my opinion.

Okay, now to get to the root of this blog: Why am I writing this?

1. It's a good therapy session for me.

2. I think this will encourage you.

3. This is a spiritual lesson for me. (And hopefully you, too.)

So, how is this a spiritual lesson?

Well, if you aren't already by now, I've questioned what I believe because of this (sad) situation.

Question to self (and you, too): What do I believe?

I'll go over what I believe..

I believe God is alive, and working every detail about each of our lives. (Period.)

I belive God cares about us, and only wants the best for us. So, that simply requires us to believe in Him. Because happiness just isn't going to happen without Him.

I could literally go on for hours about what I believe, but at some point NewReleaseTuesday will probably get annoyed at the length of my blog posts..

I find it odly convenient that one of my favorite artists, Aaron Shust, just came out with an (awesome) new album, called "This is what we believe".

The chorus goes:

"Truly this Man is the Son

The Son of God

Who takes away the sins of the world

This Man is the Lamb

The Lamb of God

Who takes away the sins of the world

This is what we believe"

Yep, that pretty much sums up what I believe. Now, I'm not saying this is what you believe - I've learned my lesson that I cannot say what other people believe. I know what I believe. That is a fact. Now, what do YOU believe?

I would LOVE to hear what you guys believe - weather we share the same things in common that we believe or not, I'd love to hear what you all have to say. (Comment below!)

Until next time, my friends. Hope you have a nice Thanksgiving! (Hey, I haven't made a thanksgiving-y blog yet.. I'll get on that..)



Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness. faithfulness, gentleness and self-control,

-Allie.

No comments:

Post a Comment