What. A. Day.
Please prepare yourself, as I tell you about my crazy, lovely, insane and maybe even a little disturbing day. Read this at your own risk.
So the day started as usual. I woke up, went downstairs, and was greeted by a short girl with fluffy hair, who exclaimed, “Ayyie!”.
I then did my regular morning nonsense, then moving into the afternoon everyone ‘round this establishment (AKA, my family) got ready to go shop with my Grandparents and Great-Grandmother.
The getting ready process consisted of me listening to Seabird’s Christmas EP (and dancing along with that), doing my hair, etcetera..
Jumping to the shopping part. It was raining. HARD. Like, for shizzle crazy rain, man. Everyone ate at Cracker Barrel (went without having any crazy waiter/waitress trauma! But that’s an ENTIRELY different blog..), and so we went on to the shopping portion. So other than a crazy rain storm, the day played out pretty smoothly. Got some CDs at Lifeway, went to Belk, Starbucks, Wal Mart, blah blah blah.
Now for the crazy part.
As we pulled into our driveway, at our humble home, what we saw in our driveway, was NOT what one would like to see when returning at night, in the freezing cold rain.
No, it was not a dead body. (:P)
The one day we decide to leave our garbage outside on our car port (we have no garbage pick-up, so we take ours to the dump), so animal decides to peak inside EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE 8000 BAGS.
Yep, there was garbage ALL OVER CREATION. Literally.
Soooooo…. Guess who volunteered to clean it up?
*raises hand*
Yep, yours truly.
So basically, I spent the night in the cold rain, in our yard, picking up garbage.
Friggin huzzah.
:P
Moving on..
After the garbage fiasco, I read tweet from my darling Aunt Shannon, saying that my favorite photo editing website, Picnik, is being shut down April 19th. This is when I lost it.
I’m SOOOO sad!!!! I mean, I’m not usually a “sit in puddle of sadness” type of girl, but I’m just flat out upset.
So, that pretty much sums up my day. Now what am I doing? Sitting here, watching Project Runway, writing this blog. Sooo.. How am I supposed to fit a moral/life lesson in this blog?!?!
Well, let’s break it down:
What’s wrong with this blog? I mean, I’m just ranting. Did I once say, “I praised God for giving me the opportunity to get out of the house, even on a rainy day” or “I praised God for giving me food to eat today”, or really ANYTHING about praising God. Nope, not once. Because, truth is, I DIDN’T praise God when I should have. As a human, I just focus on the negative. (Hence this blog)
I was actually talking about this with a friend of mine, along with talking about this at Youth Group on Wednesday. It’s seriously a PRIVILEGE to praise God. Why do I take advantage of that? Even to the extent of NOT DOING IT?
Because I’m a human, and I’m an ungrateful little Cottonheadedninnymuggins. (yep, just had to use an Elf reference.)
But guess what? God still loves me, even when I’m a cottonheadedwhosinwhat!!!! I mean, with that all said (inside joke with my Mother..), wouldn’t I have the DESIRE to praise God?! Really thinking about that, it DOES make me want to praise Him! Even in my cruddy-sinner self, God loves me SO MUCH.
So, I will, totally, without a doubt, praise YOU in this storm (even when I’m picking up garbage), God. Because you rock my socks off.
Thanks for reading one of the largest blog posts in history. :)
Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control,
-Allie.
Have I mentioned lately that I think you're the raddest? (I just deleted the word "coolest" and replaced it with an Allie word.) I hope my children grow up to be just like you.
ReplyDelete