Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"This is your life, are you who you wanna be?"


Hey peeps! So the other day, I was sitting in the car on the way home from a day of shopping, and Audrey was asleep, so I decided to turn on my iPod. And as always, I shuffled it, and Switchfoot came up (I mostly have Switchfoot songs on my iPod...go figure.), which I was quite excited about. And it was one of my favorite songs, "This is your life". So it was starting..."Yesterday is a wrinkle on your forehead.." (First part of the song.) And it went on, and once it reached the chorus, I felt as if the words hit me harder this time. It goes: "This is your life, are you who you wanna be? This is your life, are you who you wanna be? This is your life, is it everything you dreamed that it would be? When the world was younger, and you had everything to lose." The first part, "Are you who you wanna be?" really sunk in for me. Am I who I want to be? I've been thinking about that for days now, and still haven't come up with an answer. Am I REALLY who I want to be? In some areas, I would say yes. In some, not so much. I could go on and on about my highs and lows, but I shan't, since ya'll probably have lives. But, I do know what can make me who I want to be. JESUS PEOPLE. Before him, I was a sinner lost and confussed (I was 3, but still.). But now, I am (almost) who I wanna be! So I shall leave ya'll with one question: Are you who you wanna be?
-Allie.
(Ps, the pic above is of Jon Foreman (of Switchfoot.) at Celebrate Freedom.)

No comments:

Post a Comment