Hiya peeps!
I hope you've enjoyed your summer. I must say; for me, God has really made this one a great one. Though there were ups and downs, I REALLY think God used this summer for great things to come in my life. I know this sounds kinda corny, but.. I think I've really changed as a person, comparing myself from this summer to last summer. I don't really know how to describe it, but I just think I've really grown spiritually, and grown alot closer to God. I started going to my Youth Group at my church (I was an AWANA leader prior to that), which I think played a big part of it.
ANYWAYS. This really has nothing to do what I was going to blog about, but it's actually turning out to be a pretty good post anyway, haha.
Now, on to the topic I was going to bring up..
Isn't it awesome how God uses little (or big) things in our lives that just make us happy?
A couple months ago, I wrote a blog called "This is the stuff You use" (or something like that..), talking about how God uses things that occour in our lives that we don't like; but uses it for the better in the end. But now I'm talking about the stuff that is just awesome all-around.
I'm going to a concert this Saturday, and I am PUMPED. I won't go into all the details, but I must say, I am EXCITED. ;) And a bunch of other little things just over the past couple weeks (of which I won't go into, just because they're just little things and there's alot of them), but it just seems that God is REALLY putting these happy things in my life for a reason.
Now you don't think I just wrote this blog to talk about how happy I am, do you? Well, sorry, there's always a question to ask or lesson to learn when I post a blog. ;)
When something awesome/good/fantastical happens to you, do you thank God for it?
I've been wanting to write this blog post for a while, but I hadn't really gotten a chance to really sit and do it for a while. But I started really thinking about it, after my Youth Pastor brought this same subject up. I could go on and on about how many things he's said that have made me REALLY think/question myself, but I shan't, since that would be about a houndred posts into one. ;P But anyway. When he brought this subject up, he kept saying: "Do we thank Him?" (Not his exact words I don't think, but I'm doing my best here.) This really got me thinking, since I was kinda-of on a happy-streak. When DO I thank Him? DO I thank Him??? When I really, REALLY thought about it, I do thank Him for some things. But I truely don't thank Him enough. I mean, there is no way I could count the things He's done for me.
As I'm writing this blog post, I'm listening to the PERFECTLY appropriate song for this post. The song "Hold Me", by Miss Jamie Grace, (featuring TobyMacster himself. ;))
I shall share the lyrics she is singing:
"Oh, I love the way You hold me, by my side You’ll always be
You take each and every day, make it special in some way
I love the way you hold me, in Your arms I’ll always be
You take each and every day, make it special in some way
I love You more than the words in my brain can express
I can’t imagine even loving You less
Lord, I love the way You hold me"
Now isn't this perfect? This song COMPLETELY describes how I've been feeling lately. Thanks Jamie! :)
Now, to wrap up this blog post:
When do you thank Him for ALL He does for you? Big or small? Not so fun stuff, or fun stuff?
Oh, this brings up a good point: (So much for wrapping this blog post up, haha)
We SHOULD thank Him weather we have AWESOME things happen, or not so awesome things.
WE SHOULD PRAISE HIM FOR EVERYTHING HE DOES!!!! ALL THE TIME!!!!!
No matter the situation, HE IS HOLDING YOU!!!!!
Isn't that amazing? No matter what we are going through, happy or sad, hard or easy, God KNOWS how you are feeling. AND HE WILL ALWAYS BE THERE FOR YOU!
And now, back to what I was saying at the beginning: HE NEED TO THANK HIM FOR ALL HE DOES! Do you see how much He does for us, and how little we REALLY do for Him?
So, now to finally wrap this thing up.
In the coming fall weeks, know I am praying for all of you, and we should THANK HIM for ALL He does. EVERYTHING.
Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self-Control,
-Allie.
No comments:
Post a Comment