Hiya peeps!
It's been a while.. Hope you've all been well. :)
ANYWAYS, now onto my blog post.
Last night at church, my (AWESOME) youth pastor talked about The Body of Christ. Conveniently, the night prior I had just rad the same scripture as he shared, so my mind had sorta already been on the same subject. ANYWAYS, time to share we he shared:
12 Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. 13 For we were all baptized by[c] one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. 14 Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many.
15 Now if the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? 18 But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19 If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20 As it is, there are many parts, but one body.
21 The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you!” And the head cannot say to the feet, “I don’t need you!” 22 On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23 and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, 24 while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has put the body together, giving greater honor to the parts that lacked it, 25 so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.
Long passage, but SUCH a crucial, nessisary-to-read, awesome one.
Since my awesome Youth Pastor always breaks the verses up, and hits the "points" he wants to talk about, I'll do the same.
Lets start with the first verse, shall we? It reads: "Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ". We, as Christians, are ALL a part of The Body of Christ.
Can we just go over this for a minute?
WE ARE CHRIST'S BODY. Do we ACT like we are doing the works of HIS body?! I can safely say, though it saddens me, I at least do not always act like I'm part of The Body of Christ. We as humans, we NEVER be perfect. Period. Christ is the ONLY perfect thing. Like, ever. (This making sence?)
On to the next couple verses..
"For we were all baptized by[c] one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. 14 Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many."
This is saying again, the same point, we are ALL parts of The Body. I love verse 14, that the body is made up of MANY parts, not just one. We cannot be the body of Christ alone. It's just not going to happen. We ALL as Christians NEED to unite, as ONE BODY. (This might sound corny, but it's the truth!)
Verse 15, says:
"Now if the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body."
I love how my Youth Pastor put this verse. He explained, that just because "I can't do this", or "I'm not good at that", doesn't mean you're not part of the body of Christ. We are ALL blessed with a unique spiritual gift, (How my youth pastor put it,) ''Weather you're the crossing guard, or the Pastor of a Church, doesn't mean you aren't serving the body of Christ'' (Not his exact words, but I try.). No matter the importance of your job may seem here on earth, it is equally important.
Now, as I'm reading back at this blog post, I began to think: Why am I posting this blog post?
Honestly, I didn't really think of why.. The only explanation I could come up with, was this:
This topic was something that really hit me hard. I could go on and on about this passage, just because there are SO many good points it brings up.
But the bottom line, is this:
We are all part of the body. No matter what. And as verses 21-26 state, WE ALL NEED EACH OTHER. God created us to build each other up, and spread His wonderful news!
What we are: Bringing each other down. Too much.
What we SHOULD be doing: Building each other up. BECOMING ONE.
So, I'll go ahead and wrap this thing up, and simply state, that we need each other. And lets come together, and MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness and Self-Control,
-Allie.
No comments:
Post a Comment