Thursday, September 6, 2012

Fast Food Christian.

Heya guys!
(Aren’t you proud of me that I’m actually blogging lately? Well, I am if you’re not, anyway. ;))
I bet you can kinda guess what my title is about. I really didn’t want to write a blog about this, but I dunno. I feel like that I just need to say it.
Chick-Fil-a.
So.. I’ll give you the run down, just incase you haven’t heard yet.
I guess the main guy from CFA was interviewed, and was asked if he supports gay marriage. He said no.
SO now erry’body’s in a big uproar because Chick-fil-a doesn’t support gay marriage. Now for my opinion.
Do I support gay marriage?
No.
Do I have anything against gay people?
Nope.
Do I hate gay people?
NO!
I do not support gay marriage. Love me or hate me, but I personally believe that’s just what God wants me to believe. But I DO NOT (and I mean DO NOT) want you to think I hate gay people. Because that is the furthest thing from the truth. I mean, goodness.. Why should I? They’re people like you and me.
So just to be a little more straight forward about this:
I love my neighbor. Straight, not, dude, chick, atheist, Christian, everybody. This is what God calls not only me, but EVERYONE to do.
Back to CFA, they recently had “Customer appreciation day”, which was basically “I support Chick-Fil-a day”.
And ya know what? I didn’t go. And why is that?
I, personally (this is TOTALLY my opinion, you are totally more than welcome to feel differently.), felt it was more of a, “Dis gay people day”. And I do NOT want to dis gay people, at all. Because for crying out loud, love your neighbor people! Not just SOME of your neighbors! God does not say to love straight people. He said to love EVERYONE. No matter their lifestyle. And that, my friends, is how I’m living. If you want to live differently, that’s totally up to you and God.
Okay, so I saw a picture/quote on the Internet the other day, that was from a CFA that was PACKED that day, and found it fascinating to say the least. Here goes:
“You’d never see that many Christians lined up to help at a food bank or a homeless shelter.
And that’s something Jesus actually said to do.”
I was honestly, quite dumbfounded. I’ve really, honestly put a lot of thought to this quote.. And I really want to say this.
Are you a fast food Christian? Are you a Christian, JUST when something like this happens?
I talked about something sort of similar in my last post, but I still felt this needed to be said.
Being a Christian, is not something to “participate in”. It’s not an event you go to, and say, “Hey, look! I’m at Chick-Fil-a! That means I love Jesus!” Sorry, but that sounds idiotic to me. (I kinda went there..)
Being a Christian is a CALLING, a RELATIONSHIP, and a LIFE-STYLE. NOT A FREAKING FAST FOOD CHAIN.
Being a Christian is a life you live, not a place you eat.
1 Peter 3:15 says:
“Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it.”
If someone asked you right now, about your Christian walk, what would you say? Would you say you live the life? Or only participate sometimes?
I pray that you would be able to say you are not only a Fast Food Christian.
Peace, love, faith and Switchfoot,
Allie.

No comments:

Post a Comment