Wednesday, May 23, 2012

God's not dead.

Hey friends! (I wrote this blog around Christmas.. but forgot to post it... go figure.)
I know it's Christmas, but WHY do we celebrate Christmas? We celebrate Jesus' birth. But, WHY did Jesus come to earth? To die for our sins.
For the past couple months, my Uncle and I have been trying to read the New Testament by the end of the year. So, I've really learned a lot about Jesus, and His life here on earth.
Now, I'm going to put you in a little scenario here:
You're about 20 years old (weather that ages you, or discreases your actual age), and you fish for a living. But you hear about this guy, named John. People are saying he is paving the way for the Christ. You follow this John guy, because you think what he's saying may be legit.
So, one day, along comes, Jesus. The Savior. The Christ. The Messiah. And He asks YOU to follow Him. I don't know about you, but that just BLOWS my mind! That Jesus would ask ME to follow HIM?! I mean, He could have picked anyone! But He picked ME. Woah. So of course, you're gonna follow Him! You leave your father, your fish, and your life behind, and follow Jesus.
Jumping forward a little, you've been following Jesus for a while, and you see Him perform all these miracles. And every once in a while, He'll talk about Him dying for everyone in the world, but you don't really have a clue as to what He's talking about.
So, the night came. Jesus was REALLY going to die. The one you dropped your entire LIFE for, that you put all your hope into, is going to DIE. But, not only that, but He tells you that that very night, you are going to reject even KNOWING Him, 3 TIMES! I'm sure you would say that you would never do such a thing - but then, you actually do it.
What. Happened.
The Bible says, that Peter wept.Man alive, would I sure weep! Can you imagine, being a follower of Jesus, and not only are you a follower of Jesus, but you're one of His chosen disciples. I'm sure there great friends, as well. And as soon as persicuation rolls around, you deny Him 3 times.
Okay, so Jesus is dead. I think saying, "You are crushed" is an understatement.
BUT.
Here comes my favorite part.
You hear from fellow followers of Jesus, a few of the women, and they say that He is risen.
SAY WHAT?!?! I would totally FREAK OUT!!!

Alright, lets step out of the scenario for a minute.

And now, time for my Newsboys refrence.
As most of you probably know, the newsboys just came out with a worship album, titled "God's not Dead".
If you haven't listened to this slabum yet, I'll be personally insulted. Haha. Yeah. But that's not the point of this blog.
Here's the chorus to the title track, "God's Not Dead":

My God's not dead
He's surely alive
He's livin on the inside
Roaring like a lion

Pretty epic, no? I love the way those lyrics are written.
Let's jump back into our scenario, here, while I wrap things up:
If I was one of those disciples, you know what I would say?
"MY GOD'S NOT DEAD".

Thanks for reading! Blessings to y'all during the holidays and such. :)




Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness and self-control,
Allie.

No comments:

Post a Comment