For the record: this may or may not make sense. So bear with me here.
God allows us to feel pain. And honestly.. That doesn't make too much sense to me.
A friend of mine has been facing some hardships lately. And that's been really pressing on me lately. My friend has just had some out-of-their-control things happen, so I just feel SO bad for them. Like.. why would God let that happen?
So let's go for a little Biblical journey for a minute here, shall we?
There was this guy named Job. He was seriously a rad dude, y'all. In Job 1:1, it says he was blameless, and a man of complete integrity. He feared God, stayed away from evil. Totally legit guy. I mean.. That's a pretty big deal, in my opinion, to say that was so such a rad dude.. and in the first verse, no less. Anyway.
He had seven sons, three daughters, and a whole bunch of sheep and oxen and all them good animals of that sort. So really, Job had the ideal life. Big family, lots of animals (which were a big deal back then)... so he pretty much had it made. But. (there's always a but.) Things started to go dowwwwwwn hill.
In Job 1:6-12, it reads:
One day the members of the
heavenly court came to present themselves before the Lord, and the Accuser,
Satan, came with them. “Where
have you come from?” the Lord asked Satan.
Satan answered the Lord, “I have been patrolling the earth, watching everything that’s going on.”
Then the Lord asked Satan, “Have you noticed my servant Job? He is the finest man in all the earth. He is blameless—a man of complete integrity. He fears God and stays away from evil.”
Satan replied to the Lord, “Yes, but Job has good reason to fear God. You have always put a wall of protection around him and his home and his property. You have made him prosper in everything he does. Look how rich he is! But reach out and take away everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face!”
“All right, you may test him,” the Lord said to Satan. “Do whatever you want with everything he possesses, but don’t harm him physically.” So Satan left the Lord’s presence.
So. From here, Job's life got all sorts of crazy. His animals, were all killed/stolen, along with all of his servants. And all of his children died, aswell.
So.. How would you react to this situation?
Personally, I don't know what I would do, honestly. I could see myself questioning God, even being angry at God. Why would He allow all that to happen? Why would He allow Satan himself, to personally KILL EVERYTHING that Job loved? EVERYTHING! Why would He allow that?!?!?!?!
Job 1:21 says..
He (Job) said,
" I came naked from my mother's womb,
and I will be naked when I leave.
The LORD gave me what I had, and the LORD has taken it away.
Praise the name of the LORD!"
Wow. Like.. wow. God took away EVERYTHING he had. But he said, "Praise the name of the LORD!" That takes some serious guts, y'all. For real. I mean, for that, I really look up to Job. He seems to be almost the defenition of a godly person.
So..
This is the part of the blog where I ask,
"How does this apply to YOU?"
Well then.
Hard things are gonna happen in life. We live in a world full of sin. It's impossible to avoid. I think the tricky part about hard things that happen our lives, is, how we react to them.
The easy thing to do would to question God. Get angry at Him. Maybe even turn away from Him. Why should you love a God that would allow bad things to happen to you?
Hmm.
Good question there.
Why should we love a God who allows bad things happen to us?
Because He works everything, at the end, for good. He LOVES us. SO MUCH. He only wants whats BEST for us. And if that involves going through some temporary pain, so be it. Even if we suffered for every day of our lives, He is giving us the gift of an eternal, perfect life.
In wrapping things up, I'm gonna leave you with this..
When bad things happen to you, how do you react?
Do you get angry, or resent God, or will you praise God?
"The LORD gave me what I had, and the LORD has taken it away.
Praise the name of the LORD!"
Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control,
-Allie.
No comments:
Post a Comment