Wednesday, May 23, 2012

"Music is what I do; Christ is why I do it."

Hi peoples!
Today, I will be talking about 5 of my borthers in Christ, (and 5 of my favorite people, pretty much.) Jon Foreman, Tim Foreman, Chad Butler, Jerome Fontamilllas and Drew Shirley.

Yep, Switchfoot.

Why does this come as a surprise to you? ;)

Anyways. Onto my ramble.

To be 100% honest with you, I really don’t feel like I talk about Switchfoot enough. (Yes, I know you’re laughing.) But seriously, people! These guys don’t get enough credit for what they do.

Ever since the release of Switchfoot’s new album, “Vice Verses”, I feel like I’m almost closer to Switchfoot as people. (Not in a creepy way.. I dunno. Does that sound weird? Do you know what I mean??) I feel like some of the lines on the songs were written for me. (If you don’t have Vice Verses, I will personally stalk you down and make you buy it. No, this is not threat. Just a warning. :))

ANYWAYS.

I’m sure you’re wondering, “Why are you writng a blog about Switchfoot, rather than some life lesson or something?” Well, I’m getting to that.

The other day, I decided to work on, “100 reasons why I love Switchfoot”. Would you like to know what #1 was?

“Because all 5 of them are deep in their Christian Faith”.

Let’s dig a little deeper into this, shall we?

I was talking to a friend about various bands, and how they use their way of Praising God as their ministry. (As in, kind of being secular, but sorta not. You catching on?) Anyways, Switchfoot was one of the artists, and I’ve really been thinking about like, their ministry.

Obviously, they ARE in the Alternative genre. They don’t label themselves as a “Christian” band. They ARE, Christians, but from my point of view (I can’t speak for them, but from reading quotes and watching interviews and stalking them and what not, this is what I’ve gathered-) they want to be Alternative, so they can sing Christian messages to those who wouldn’t otherwise listen to Christian music. They’re songs aren’t ONLY Christian, but they can be translated Christian or not. Switchfoot is honestly a REALLY popular band, and they could totally choose to write songs about drugs and girls and crap. BUT THEY DON’T. They made the desicion to write their songs, how they write their songs.

So, this is THE NUMBER ONE REASON I LOVE SWITCHFOOT:

Their hair!!! Haha, just kidding. That’s a close 2nd. ;)

Because they are such WONDERFUL CHRISTIAN PEOPLE!

Honestly, if I ever used music as my career in life, Switchfoot would by far by my biggest inspiration. I really don’t know if I can describe, how much I seriously respect them for what they do.

Wrapping up my squirrely fan girl blog, I leave you with my favorite quote by Mr. Jon Foreman himself -

“Music is what I do; Christ is why I do it.”

Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control,

-Allie.

No comments:

Post a Comment